Monday 14 October 2013

RAIN & THE CLOUD 8th FAN MEETING “TO YOU”


[13-Oct-13] 3,000 Fans Enthralled by Rain

Credit:  Kpop Planet

The singer and actor Rain held his eighth fan meeting with 3,000 Korean and foreigner fans from his official fan club The Cloud. The meeting was titled the 2013 Rain With You Fan Meeting RAIN & THE CLOUD 8th FAN MEETING “TO YOU” [RLC staff] and held at the Kyunghee University Grand Peace Palace at 1600 (GMT+9) on October 12.

Fans gathered early in the morning with placards in their hands for Rain’s fan meeting in four years, and were as happy as if they were going to a festival as they clustered at the photo zone before the entrance.

This fan meeting was Rain’s first official event after his discharge from the army this July, and 1,300 translator devices set for three languages were brought in for the fans from Asia, the Americas, and Europe.

The comedian Yoon Jeong-soo, who first met Rain around the time of the latter’s debut and was the MC for a previous fan meeting in 2005, was the MC for this meeting and proceeded in a warm, family-like manner. Rain stepped onto the stage with a smile on his lips and a well-cut suit draping his firm body as he gave a low bow to his fans.

When asked what he was doing these days, he said, “I’m on a hectic schedule of training and practice, but I’m also doing a bit of reading and watching movies so I can show you my best. After my concerts in Japan, I want to have some concerts here in Korea so I can see you all from up close and have a great time together. Let’s meet again elsewhere in Asia and around the world at concerts.”

After the talk time was over, the music of “Rainism” rang out and a concert composed entirely of hit songs began, as the jam-packed audience stood up as one and cheered for Rain. Halfway through, he took a breather and announced he was working on a new album. “I’m formulating songs and stages, imbuing them with a variety of attractions. I want to show you what I do best and also challenge myself with new ideas. But the only thing I can promise you is that I’ll give not only Korea but the world the music and stages it will love.”

This fan meeting ran for 2 hours and 30 minutes and Rain gave thanks for the support from the fans gathered from all over the world and promised to prepare as best he can for future activities.

Meanwhile, Rain is starting a ten-concert Japanese tour, the 2013 RAIN ZEPP TOUR – STORY OF RAIN. Starting on November 14, he will tour Nagoya, Fukuoka, Osaka, and Tokyo until November 28.

2 comments: